Black Gold Memory Archive Competition Terms & Conditions
Editors’ ‘Black Gold Memory Archive’ is a collaborative, interactive digital project which aims to collect stories from fans and friends of Editors, as well as from the band members themselves, and showcase these in a timeline that will act as an ever-expanding online hub of Editors ‘memories’.
From the dates of 18 October 2019 – 01 December 2019, we’ll be running a competition to find the best Editors fan memories out there. We know Editors fans, and we know there are so many gems of stories that we don’t know about – yet. We’re on a mission to find them. Maybe you crowd-surfed at an Editors show and were dumped at the feet of the future love of your life? Or maybe you won a lotto jackpot, inspired by one of Tom’s lyrics? We want to know.
The person whose submission is deemed the ‘best’ – as decided by a panel of judges including members of the band themselves – will win two tickets to any Editors concert along their ‘Black Gold’ tour, as well as travel* for two to the city in question, and accommodation for the night. There will also be prizes for the best runners-up. Best of luck!
How Do I Enter?
- Visit Editors ‘Black Gold Archives’ website http://archives.editors-official.com/
- Click ‘Add To The Archive’ http://archives.editors-official.com/upload/
- Fill out the form
- You can upload an image or link to a YouTube video to add an extra, visual dimension to your submission. The image or video could be footage you took at an Editors show, or you could film yourself talking about your story or memory. Get creative. Make yours stand out.
- Click ‘Submit Your Memory’
- We will be in touch if you’ve been successful
This competition is a multi-territory prize promotion being run by [PIAS] UK Limited of 1 Bevington Path, London, SE1 3PW (company number: 02685907) (“PIAS” or “we”).
The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of this website (“Website”), your Black Gold Memory Archive submissions and the competition (“Competition”) should you enter.
We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time so do review them regularly. By using the Website and/or entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them.
- Multiple submissions are permitted.
- Submissions will be judged on their entertainment value and / or creativity.
- Sharing on social media would be appreciated but isn’t a requirement for entry.
- The Competition is open to persons worldwide.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. NEITHER WILL A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The Promoter of the Editors Black Gold Memory Archive Competition is [PIAS] UK Limited.
- The starting date of the Competition is 18 October 2019.
- The closing date of the Competition is 23:59GMT on 01 December 2019. Submissions received after this time will not be considered eligible to win a prize.
- To enter, you need to (a) submit a ‘Memory’ via Editors’ ‘Black Gold Archives’ website, which can be found here: http://www.archives.editors-official.com (b) To submit, click ‘Add To The Archive’ and fill out all relevant info. All ‘Required’ text boxes must be filled out for your submission to be valid (c) By adding to the archive, you consent to allowing us to contact you via your email address supplied to let you know if your competition submission has been successful or not (d) On the competition submission form, there is an option to sign up to Editors’ mailing list. SIGNING UP TO EDITORS’ MAILING LIST IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER, AND SIGNING UP TO THIS LIST WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING (e) We are under no obligation to contact unsuccessful Competition entrants to let them know that their submissions have not been successful
- Your entry must comply with the User Content Policy whereby your upload must:
- not feature any infringing material or persons who have not consented to appear;
- be original to you and no other party should have any rights to it;
- be fully cleared so that you have obtained all required consents and permits to enable you to submit the entry to the Competition and for it to appear on the Website and be used in the way envisaged by the Competition;
- not be deceptive or fraudulent;
- not be or reasonably be considered to be hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, abusive, threatening, offensive or pornographic or inciting of violence or containing nudity or violence or depicting any illegal activity;
- not reference ammunition and/or firearms or the sale of tobacco, alcohol or pharmaceutical products.
We may delay publication of your entry to the Competition site for the time necessary to moderate the content and ensure it is in line with our User Content Policy.;
- Entrants expressly agree to assume the risk of lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaudible, stolen, undelivered or misdirected entries.
- All valid entries received will be assessed and then shortlisted and judged by a panel of judges (which may include any professional advisors deemed necessary by such judges) (the “Judge(s)”) containing at least one Judge who is not an employee of the Promoter and according to the following broad criteria and stages:
- Memories will be judged on how memorable / funny / bizarre or heart touching they are, as judged the best by the panel.
- creativity shown in conveying your message
- On or about 03 December 2019, the Promoter will select the winning entry. The panel shall have sole discretion as to which entry is the winning entry, and the result of the prize selection is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email using the information provided on the entry form on or about 04 December 2019. Promoter shall make all reasonable attempts to engage the winner. In order to receive the prizes, the winner may be asked to provide a copy of their personal identification and may be required to sign a statement of eligibility and a publicity/liability release by 12:00GMT on 04 December 2019. If the winner fails to do so, an alternate winner may be selected. If the winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any non-response by a winner, or the Promoter’s failure to receive a response from the winner within the prescribed period will result in forfeit and the selection of an alternate potential winner. In the event of any non-compliance with these Official Rules, the winner will forfeit and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Despite all reasonable efforts being made, the Promoter is not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner.
- The prize winner will win a trip plus one (1) guest (such guest to be 18 years or over, resident in the same country as the winner, able to travel on the same itinerary as the winner, agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions) to travel to an Editors concert in a city along the routing of the band’s ‘Black Gold’ tour. The city (and, thus, concert date) in question will be decided on between the Company and the winning entrant, based on the entrant’s preference, though the choice of city will ultimately will be at the Promoter’s discretion. The Company will pay for the entrant(s) travel, their ‘plus one’s travel, both of their accommodation, and arrange for access to the concert in question, whether this is providing tickets or guestlist (or both).
- Winner plus guest must bear their own costs of transport to and from originating airport in country of residence (“Originating Airport”). The Promoter will choose the Originating Airport, in its sole discretion, by reference to airports in the winner’s territory with direct flights to the city where the concert will take place.
- Winner plus guest must bear their own costs of insurance, ensuring they have valid passports & visas to enter UK; any other incidental costs outside of the scheduled twenty four (24) hour experience; and any room service charges at the accommodation. Travel dates are not change-able or transferrable. They are completely fixed. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades.
- Winners must inform the Promoter of any food allergies at least 5 days before the outbound leg.
- The approximate retail value of this prize is approximately GBP 1,000. Actual retail value of the prize depends on location of winner, fares, lodging and other costs at time of booking, but if actual retail value is less than stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded. All reservations and travel arrangements shall be with suppliers selected by the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion. The prize may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. In the event any activity included in the prize is cancelled, delayed or postponed for any reason, winner will not be reimbursed and prize shall consist solely of the remaining elements, if any. Winner and winner’s travel companion must travel on the same itinerary, and must be available to travel on dates specified by the Promoter. Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation (e.g., valid passport, photo ID, etc.) prior to travel. The prize is not assignable or transferable. No transfers or substitutions are permitted, except that the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to unavailability or otherwise in its sole and absolute discretion. Any costs, expenses or incidentals are the responsibility of winner and travel companion, as are all federal, state, local and income taxes on the prize, if relevant. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a background check, including but not limited to criminal history, on the winner and/or the winner’s travel companion(s).
- By entering the Competition, you consent to allowing your ‘Memory’ submission to be used in marketing messages in the unlikely event that the Company should wish to do so.
- You agree to be filmed or have your photo taken, and for the Promoter to use this footage / these images at their discretion. All edits will be at the final discretion of the Promoter. You agree to the publicity release below.
- The Competition is void where taxed, prohibited or restricted by law. Officers, directors and employees of the Promoter, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates; individuals or entities responsible for the development, printing, distribution and implementation of this Competition; suppliers and individuals who are employees of or members of the immediate family or household of any of the foregoing are not eligible. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By entering this Contest, you understand that you are providing your information to Promoter and not to those social media platforms.
- Winner and their guests represent and warrant that:
- they will not carry out any act or omission which is untrue or which could reasonably be considered to be obscene, blasphemous or defamatory, derogatory or disparaging, or that may or does adversely affect any advertising or promotional campaign of the Promoter, or may or does bring the Promoter into disrepute including but not limited to any arrest, prosecution or conviction relating to any criminal or illegal act;
- they will not without the consent in writing of the Promoter use, reveal or make public any secret elements of the prize activity, including but not limited to unreleased music, details of such, financial or business information of the Promoter or any member of their group;
- The Promoter shall make available on request the name, state and country of residence of all prize-winners if requested by any state authority.
- A cash alternative is not available for any prize.
- If you choose to contribute a ‘Memory’ using the website form but not enter the Competition, the submission must still comply with the User Content Policy above.
- In entering the Competition, you grant the Promoter the royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable and assignable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material and any material which is created therefrom (in whole or part) (including all rights therein such as image rights, copyright and all intellectual property rights) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- By participating, entrants and Website users (“Releasing Parties”) agree that, to the extent permissible under applicable law, the Promoter, their group and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, ‘Released Parties’) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Releasing Parties against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry, use, upload, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in the Competition.
- Releasing Parties shall indemnify the Promoter from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses arising in any way from a breach of the Releasing Parties’ obligations, warranties or representations under these Terms and Conditions or in any way given as part of the Competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.